---Guillermo del Toro
---DVD's / Videos
- BFI Companion to Horror - edt. Kim Newman, 1996.
A comprehensive A-Z listing of horror actors, directors, writers, make-up FX, etc. Also several discussions on recurring horror themes, such as burial alive, circuses and peasants! Contributors include Neil Gaiman, Alan Jones, Maitland McDonagh, Phil Hardy and Tim Lucas. Many B&W photos.
- The Overlook Film Encyclopedia of Horror - edt. by Phil Hardy, 1993.
The most complete guide I've ever managed to find on horror movies from around the world - listing cast and crew along with comments and plot synopsis. Arranged by year, starting in 1896 with LE MANOIR DU DIABLE by Georges Melies.
- The Overlook Film Encyclopedia of Science Fiction - edt. by Phil Hardy, 1994.
One of a series of four books covering genres from Horror (see above) to The Western as well as to The Gangster Film. An amazing set of four books.
- Mondo Macabro, Weird and Wonderful Cinema around the World - edt. Pete Tombs, 1998.
- Immoral Tales, European Sex and Horror Movies 1956-1984 - edt. Cathal Tohill and Pete Tombs, 1994.
- Necronomicon - Journal of Horror and Erotic Cinema - edt. Andy Black, 1996.
- Necronomicon 2 - Journal of Horror and Erotic Cinema - edt. Andy Black, 1998.
- Necronomicon 3 - Journal of Horror and Erotic Cinema - edt. Andy Black, 2000.
- Necronomicon 4 - Journal of Horror and Erotic Cinema - edt. Andy Black, 2001.
- The Dead Walk - edt. Andy Black, 2000.
- Eaten Alive!: Italian Cannibal and Zombie Movies - edt. Jay Slater, 2002.
- AntiCristo: The Bible of Nasty Nun Sinema and Culture - by. Steve Fentone, 2000.
- Ten Years of Terror: British Films of the 1970s - by. Harvey Fenton and David Flint, 2001.
- Spaghetti Nightmares - edt. Luca M. Palmerini and Gaetano Mistretta, 1996.
- Bizarre Sinema! Horror all'italiana, 1957-1979 - edt. Stefano Piselli and Riccardo Morrocchi, 1996.
- Shock Masters of the Cinema - edt. Loris Curci and Lois Curci, 1996.
- The Psychotronic Encyclopedia of Film - edt. Michael J. Weldon, 1983.
- The Psychotronic Video Guide to Film - edt. Michael J. Weldon, 1996.
- VideoHound's Horror Show - edt. Mike Mayo, 1998.
- VideoHound's Complete Guide to Cult Flicks and Trash Pics - edt Carol A Schwartz, 1995.
- Terror on Tape - edt. James O'Neill, 1994.
- The Official Splatter Movie Guide - edt. John McCarty, 1989.
- John McCarty's Official Splatter Movie Guide - edt. John McCarty, 1992.
- The Horror Film - edt. James L. Mulay, Cinebooks, 1989.
- The A-Z of Horror Films - edt. Howard Maxford, 1997.
Horror Film Magazines
- Video Watchdog - by Tim Lucas, call 1-800-275-8395 to subscribe and/or purchase back issues, or check out their web site
- Asian Cult Cinema - by Thomas Weisser, call 1-305-386-2227 to subscribe and/or purchase back issues, or check out their web site
- Cinefantastique. Call 1-800 798 6515 for information on back issues and subscription or check out their web site.
- Fangoria. Call 1-800-877-5549 for subscription. Back issues are available at Starlog Group, Inc., 475 Park Avenue South, New York, NY 10016
- The DarkSide. Back issues and Subscription are available at Stray Cat Publishing, PO Box 36, Liskeard, Cornwall, PL14 4YT
Online Book Stores
- Amazon.Com Many new books. Excellent search engine. Will locate books by same author, or similar in theme. Good prices if you order more than one book.
- fabpress Speciality publishers of many books covering various aspects of the Horror field, including the Directors Series of books - which includes Ruggero Deodato, Dario Argento and Mario Bava. Also Ten Years of Terror, British Horror films of the 1970s and AntiCristo, The Bible of Nasty Nun Sinema and Culture
- Shocking Images Many hard to find books - Diva series, Bizarre Sinema books 1,2 and 3 etc, can be found here, along with many Videos and DVD's.
- Bibliofind Second-hand and Out of Print books. Large stock from many bookstores. Once you find the book of interest, order online, by e-mail or by phone. Check back often as inventory is always being updated.